Bio Sculpture FAQ's
Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding Bio Sculpture and Evo Gel systems. If you have additional questions not covered, please contact Bio Beauty Concepts HQ at (02) 8218 4500 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BIO SCULPTURE AND EVO GEL AND OTHER GEL SYSTEMS?
Bio Sculpture invented nail gel and for the last 34 years has been creating innovative, high performance gel products. We have accrued a renowned reputation for our commitment to education and professionalism and all our products are made in our factory in South Africa.Every single Bio Sculpture or Evo Gel manicure is tailored to your client needs and nail type and helps to improve the health of the nail. Bio Sculpture and Evo Gel can change the shape of your nail and create strength and length to ensure a flawless finish. With 3+ week wear and over 365+ carefully curated shades to choose from it is easy to see why it is the gel of choice for those in the know. It is vegan, cruelty free and contains no dehydrators, primers or bonders. To start your Bio Sculpture and Evo journey get your kit here.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BIO SCULPTURE AND EVO GEL AND WHICH SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Bio Sculpture's Bio Gel and Evo Gel both last for 3+ weeks with no chipping. The biggest difference between Bio Gel and Evo Gel is how you prefer to work? Some people prefer working with Bio Gel's pot and brush, whilst others prefer Evo Gel's bottle and brush. We LOVE both!
WHAT IS ETHOS?
Ethos is our natural nail care system by Bio Sculpture. Powered by nature, it can be used on the natural nail or under a Bio Sculpture or Evo Gel manicure. It is designed to help support the health of the nail to create long, strong, healthy nails.
CAN I CURE ALL 5 FINGERS AT ONCE USING THE BIO SCULPTURE OR EVO GEL SYSTEMS?
At Bio Sculpture and Evo we believe that uncured gel should sit on the nail plate for as little time as possible.
- If your curing time is 30 seconds apply Bio Sculpture or Evo Gel on the alternate hand for 30 seconds. This may mean you may paint one nail or five nails. This will depend on which layer you are doing, your speed of work and your client’s nail shape and length
- When curing the fingers ask your clients to rest the fingertips on the pads to help them to stay straight
- We always recommend curing thumbs facing in the upright position. This ensures a thorough through cure of the thumbs. If the client puts their hand into machine with all 5 fingers the thumb can sit at an angle which result in half of the thumb being uncured
HOW LONG DO BIO SCULPTURE AND EVO GEL PRODUCTS LAST?
The pots and bottles last for 12 months once opened.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE FOR A BIO SCULPTURE OR EVO GEL MANICURE?
Depending on your level of skill and client base this can be anything from $50 to $300. We recommend conducting market research in your area. We also suggest you think about your cost of product, time and other overheads. If you would like further advice, please call our team on (02) 8218 4500.
HOW DO I PREVENT CHIPPING AT THE FREE EDGE?
HOW TO APPLY EVO COLOUR GEL?
Always apply Evo Colour Gel to a wiped and refined base layer. This will ensure optimum longevity and a smooth finish. Use thin layers and cure for 30 seconds between each colour gel coat. Always finish with our Evo Gloss Gel and cure for 30 seconds – remember to wait 30 seconds before wiping this layer for a super shiny finish. Learn more about Evo Gel application techniques in the Evo Gel resources centre.
WHAT DOES SEASONING THE BRUSH MEAN?
To season or prime your brush means to prepare your brush in a little Base Gel before application. It softens the bristles.
HOW DO I MAKE GEL NAILS LAST?
Bio Sculpture and Evo gel nails are designed to resist the wear and tear of everyday life and last for over 3+ weeks. However, there are ways to ensure your clients are getting the most out of their manicure:
- Wear rubber gloves when washing up and cleaning
- Apply Ethos Almond Oil to nourish the nails
- Avoid insect repellent and strong chemicals on your nails
- Keep up-to-date with the latest training and product knowledge
Contact our education team on (02) 8218 4500 if you would like more detailed tips and troubleshooting.
HOW DO I KEEP NAILS HEALTHY
To keep your clients’ natural nails healthy, you need to make sure they are hydrated and nourished with every manicure. Our Ethos Nail Treatment range has been designed to nourish the natural nail and the surrounding skin, keeping nails healthy and strong.
I'M NEW TO NAILS - CAN I BUY BIO SCULPTURE & EVO GEL PRODUCTS?
Bio Sculpture gel's are for professional-use only. If you have no previous nail qualifications and would like to start a career in nails, we offer a Bio Beginner Manicure Course which has been designed for people with no prior experience. Once you have completed the Bio Beginner Course, you are then eligible to train in Bio Sculpture or Evo Gel Professional Courses.
I'M A TRAINED NAIL TECHNICIAN - CAN I BUY BIO SCULPTURE PRODUCTS WITHOUT TRAINING?
In order to ensure Bio Gel products are used safely, Bio Sculpture's Bio Gel system does require additional gel training prior to being able to start using the gel system. If you already hold a nail technician qualification, you are able to purchase Evo Gel products without training, although we strongly recommend you discuss training options with our education team to ensure you use the products safely.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DO A NAIL TECHNICIAN COURSE?
At Bio Beauty Concepts we offer training courses which usually take place over 1 day. Each course is designed for beauty professionals at different stages of their career and is filled with modules to provide all the knowledge they need to become a fully accredited Bio Sculpture and Evo nail technician. We have training available in person or online. In person courses are available in a number of locations places around Australia. Online courses can be taken at a time to suit you. These courses include:
- Bio Gel and Evo Gel Professional Courses – A one day course that will teach everything you need to know about the Bio Sculpture products, and how to use them effectively and safetly on your clients. These courses are available noth in-person and online. If you train in-person your assessment will take place on the same day as your training course. Once you have passed, you will be granted access to the entire Bio Sculpture product range, ongoing in-house support, and exclusive offers.
- Bio Beginner Manicure Course is for those new t the nail care idustry, and will teach you everything you need to know about manicures, including nail anatomy, consultation, application, and setting up your nail care business.
ARE YOUR COURSES ONLINE OR IN-CLASS?
We have a range of online and in-class training options available. You can learn more about our training offerings here, or by emailing email@example.com
WHERE CAN I FIND SAFETY DATA SHEET INFORMATION?
Product Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information can be found in the Resources section in the website here.